I have two pair of running capris and I guess they make my legs and rear-end look FABULOUS or something because I get asked all the time “where did you get those compression capris?”
Well two answers:
1. A friend gave them to me
2. They aren’t “compression”… I mean they are tight… is that what they mean?
We hear the word “compression” a lot and I’m learning there are different types of compression for different purposes. I wear my compression calf sleeves when running to promote blood flow back up to my heart…. and I then there is compression that helps support your muscles.
I never thought much about compression for muscle support – I do know that when I wore my capris (which were skin tight) my legs did feel more supported… so when I was offered to try a pair of Aspaeris Pivot Shorts which featured TWO layers of compression I was SO all over that!!!
I was headed out for a run when my hubby brought in the mail and there they were!! The shorts had arrived so I rushed back to put them on and I SWEAR when I say my hips and quads felt spring loaded!! I mentioned this in my calf sleeve review but I just can’t even describe the feeling!!! My legs literally felt like they wanted to move on their own. It was the weirdest BEST feeling in the world. I was kinda dreading the run before – but with my new gear (and new “automatic” legs) I was anxious to get out there.
I DOUBLE swear that I had one of the best runs in a long time!!! My thighs and hips just seemed to GO. I don’t rant and rave over stuff I don’t care much for… I’ll highlight the pros and cons – but S-W-E-A-R (get the point??) when I say these things are the freakin BOMB!!!!
I was still dripping sweat from the run and was so excited I couldn’t wait to email them. This is what I wrote to the company because I was so pumped:
…I ran to put them on and OMG I AM IN LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Super soft -when I put them on I swear my legs felt motorized or something – like they were moving on their own – it was the weirdest coolest thing!!!! I just ran 18 miles on Sat and my hammys and hips were sore so I planned on an easy run today – but my legs, quads, hips whatever felt AMAZING and my typical 9:30-9:45 pace run turned into an 8:41pace with negative splits! BOOM!!!! Yes, I will be a HUGE endorsement for you – looooooooooove them!! I wont lie – I was thinking they would be good – but not THIS GREAT!
Ok so this is what I LOOOOOOOOOOVE about them:
- They are insanely soft. Like seriously – not itchy or stiff at all – almost freakishly soft.
- The waistband does NOT bind at ALL!!!! I can’t stand “muffin top” and even though I’m relatively small, my stomach is “soft” and I can’t stand when shorts give the dreaded love-handle look. – the waist band is very soft and flexible and not like panty hose where the band is SOOOO much tighter than the rest and you get this ugly skin hang over thing.
- There are 2 layers and the under layer compresses tighter than the top so the look is smooth! Yes, I’m dimply, but I can’t see my own dimples in these :)
- They are cute! Yes, they look like regular ole bike short things – nothing freaky looking, just perfect to wear under shorts or a running skirt.
- They come in 4 colors (although I stuck with classic slimming black ;) )
- And then of course the way they make your legs feel… Ugh I wish I could just put them on you to show you!!!
- Size chart is spot on! I’m a 36″ hips/28″ waist and ordered a medium – they fit like a dream!
Now here is some more info on the technical stuff that I can’t say better than copy/pasting it off their site:
Aspaeris Pivot Shorts™ are actually two pairs of shorts bonded together. The Outer Short is a high performance compression short designed to support your muscles. The Inner Short features our breakthrough, Dual Sensory Compression Bands™.
These cross-knit bands guide your muscles into the proper position, thereby improving your pivot performance, which helps prevent ACL and hip injuries.
So you want to try some??? Guess what – we are GIVING AWAY A PAIR!!!!!!!
Don’t forget to leave a SEPARATE comment for each that you do!
Winner will be selected June 29th, 2012
- Tell us if you’ve ever worn compression SHORTS before
- Visit the Aspaeris website (http://aspaerispivotshorts.com) and pin these awesome morsels of goodness on pinterest. Come back here and tell us you did.
- Check out their facebook page for Aspaeris Pivot Shorts and “like” them and come tell us you did. If you want to – tell them Moms RUN This Town sent you ;)
- Tweet your excitement about the giveaway: “I’d LOVE to try Aspareis Pivot Compression Shorts from @AspaerisPivot via @momsrunthistown!!”
Be sure to follow them too! https://twitter.com/aspaerispivot
- Share this giveaway on facebook and/or twitter using the share button below the post. Come back and leave a comment for each one you do.
Or if you can’t wait for the giveaway – go buy a pair now and use code “MOMSRUN20” for $20 off a pair!!!! THAT’S A SWEET DEAL!!
Coupon code good through 7/31/12