Fitness Challenges for January 2012 (1 entry per challenge if you complete these)
- Get professionally fitted for shoes (purchase is not required) Should require a sales person watching or videoing your stride on a treadmill. If you’ve done this in the past and don’t want to do it again, you can video your stride yourself at home to analyze your form.
- Start a running/fitness blog (you can count this after you have at least 3 entries in there). If you already maintain a blog/website you can count this challenge once you’ve blogged 3 times within a month.
- Ask a local gym for a free trial membership if you aren’t currently a member (you have to go at least once). If you are already a gym member or have a home gym – get a membership pass for a friend and/or invite someone to your house to workout.
- Join a gym and go at least 4 times in a month
- Get at least 1 friend to go on a run/walk with you
Fitness Bonus Challenges: (2 entries per challenge if you complete these)
- Sign up for a 5k or other race (proof required) It does not have to be in January, but you do have to actually sign up in January
- Set up an account with RunKeeper, Daily Mile, Map My Run or something similar and log 1 weeks worth of activity. If you already have an account – just log 1 weeks worth of activity. (must provide link/screenshot and show at least 4 days of activity)
For the “Healthy Eating” Challenges go to Green Plate Rule’s blog by clicking here!!!
If you haven’t read all the rules and regs for the 2012 Challenge for a Change PLEASE do so by clicking HERE. We will post the sign up form later in the week. As always, please consult with your doctor before starting a fitness routine or changing your diet.
Must complete AT LEAST ONE challenge from the Healthy Eating Challenge list and AT LEAST ONE challenge from the Fitness Challenge list to be eligible for the drawing.